Friday, March 27, 2009

Meta Salad Dressing


So every once and a great while the vibrations of the universe come together and an ineffable harmonic attraction occurs. When it does, it makes the heart soar, sensibility waiver, and the soul believe. It's happening, now, even as your mind groans and tells you to reach for the store brand, you can't. You are drawn into the mystery, the joy, the wonder.....
I had the pleasure of finding Newman's Own Light Lime vinagrette salad dressing recently and I am completely hooked. I am usually not one who allows myself to get totally swept off my feet, and go head over heels for a salad dressing, but there is something mysterious and magical about this one. From the first time I laid my eyes on it I knew there was something deep there..and worth opening up to, even though I resist because it leaves one vulnerable to disappointment. But I will never regret jumping through the open window of opportunity and trying this dressing.
I am also not one who makes a practice of promoting products, but this is special, and I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge it. I am amazed by it. It is wonderful. Makes me smile. The crisp and tangy lime flavor excites the palette and fills me with hope and longing for more dinners to experience. The possibilities! I want to have it on taco salad, and use it as a marinade, take it on a picnic and savor the flavor over long hours of meaningful silence.
If you have never heard about Newmans Own line of product you really should. The company is designed around giving and not just there to make a profit. They donate all their profits to charity. A model I hope more businesses adopt. I hope you try it. It's worth it. You may find that special dressing and never want to let go.

1 comment:

  1. Honey, the way you write will make anyone fall in love. I started to wonder if you were talking about a woman or salad dressing. I'll have to give this dressing a try.

    ReplyDelete